Friday, December 19, 2008

December 17 - A message from Rich and Andrea

Dec. 17
Hi friends. We are now in Room 318 at CHOC. It is in the Oncology unit. Reality set in last night when we were moved here and I realized this really is happening. I remember this floor from years ago when I worked at CHOC, observing kids and families from somewhat of a distance, but never, ever thinking we would be here as patient/family. I'm sure there is a reason for all of it, or maybe many reasons. We are trusting the Lord to give us the strength we'll need as we move ahead. Julian is doing OK. I think he's pretty tired of being in the hospital, but this morning there was a Santa who visited the floor and left him some matchbox cars so I think he liked that pretty well. He hasn't asked to go home or why he's here. He's sort of accepting everything. This morning was his lumbar puncture. We'll find out tomorrow, I think, what the final results are in terms of any cancer being in the spine. I pray there isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment